Ann Oram RSW
- Born in London in 1956.
- 1976-82 Studied at Edinburgh College of Art
- 1983-85 Part-time lecturer, Edinburgh College of Art
- 1986 Elected to RSW (Royal Scottish Society of Painters in Watercolour)
- 1987-88 Lived and painted in Spain
- 1988 Visiting lecturer, University of Northumbria
- 1991-93 Part-time lecturer, Edinburgh College of Art
- Is married to David Cemery and has one son, Andrew.
- 2006-2007, lived and painted in Vienna, Austria. Visited and worked in Switzerland, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Italy and Hungary.
- Paints full time, except when running the Art School with her husband.
- 1980 Carnegie Travelling Scholarship, Royal Scottish Academ Student Exhibition
- 1981 Andrrew Grant Travelling Scholarship to New York
- 1981 Largo Award, Edinburgh College of Art
- 1981-82 Andrew Grant Major Award. Travelled to France and Italy
- 1991 May Marshall Brown Award (RSW)
- 1998 William Gillies Award (RSW)
Group Exhibitions Since 1985
- The Scottish Gallery, Edinburgh
- Macaulay Gallery Stenton
- Thackeray Gallery, London
- Corrymella Scott, Newcastle upon Tyne
- Portland Gallery, London
- Henshelwood Gallery, Newcastle upon Tyne
- Roger Billcliffe, Glasgow
- Falle Fine Art, Jersey
- Richmond Hill Gallery, London
- Corto & Nero Vienna
- Galerie Wolfrum, Vienna
- The Jerdan Gallery, Crail
- Duncan Miller Fine Arts, London.
- Lemon Street Gallery, Truro. The Edinburgh School.
- Royal Glasgow Institute, R.S.A, RSW, R.A London.
- Gullane Art Gallery
- Islington Art Fair, 20/21st Royal College of Art, Glasgow Art Fair
Solo Exhibitions Since 1985
- The Scottish Gallery 1985, 90, 93, 96, 2004, 2010
- Macaulay Gallery, Stenton 1986, 88, 92
- The Thackeray Gallery 1991, 93
- Corrymella Scott, Newcastle 1996, 98, 2000, 03, 08
- Henshelwood 2006
- Portland Gallery 1995, 97, 99, 2005
- Richmond Hill Gallery 2007
- Corto& Nero, Vienna 2007
- Lemon Street Gallery, Truro Journeys From Europe. 2008
Recent Group Shows
- The Edinburgh Show, Lemon Street Gallery, Truro
- RSW. RGI, R.A
- Art Fair, Islington; 20/21st Art Fair, Royal College of Art; Affordable Art; Glasgow Art Fair. Duncan Miller Fine Arts and Scottish Gallery.
- Partridges, London (Scottish Gallery) Flower Show
- Richmond Hill Gallery, Featured Artist, Summer Exhibition
- 1999 Royal Bank of Scotland: Designed two tapestries for the Younger Building, Edinburgh. Unveiled by the Princess Royal.
- Standard Life: Paintings of the Edinburgh International Festival Fireworks, and Princes Street Gardens, for their new Headquarters in Lothian Road.
- Bank of Scotland; Britoil; Credit Lyonnais; Dundas and Wilson; Dunedin Fund Managers; Edinburgh University; Edinburgh Fund Managers; Ethicon; Heriott-Watt University; Northern General Hospital; Robert Fleming Holdings Ltd; Royal Bank of Scotland; Royal Bank of Scotland Singapore; Scottish Life; Scottish Provident; Scottish Widows; Shepherd and Wedderburn WS; Standard Life; Tysak and Partners.
- Work in numerous Private Collections throughout Britain and Ireland, USA, Singapore, New Zealand, Spain, Austria and Holland